Monday, May 26, 2014

Lovely moss on a bonsai

This tree is yet to be styled... I took a chance and harvested it from along a local river - it took over a month before I could see any evidence that this tree was going to survive as it lost all its leaves within a few days of transplantation and looked almost dead... but after a month or so a few leaf buds appeared and I was a lot happier.  The moss is doing very well as well, and you can see that it was harvested in 2 totally different spots... the moss has not taken on the same appearance and has retained the shades of green it had when harvested. The patchwork look is sort of appealing to me.  As for the tiny weeds popping through the moss I let them grow for a few days and pull them out when they start to get too big - it looks a bit like a garden when they are small





No comments:

Post a Comment